The long-term vision of TRTF is to develop an Innovation District where industry, entrepreneurship, and workforce development come together to create economic opportunity for San Antonio. In support of this vision, TRTF established the Career Incubator, a Student Internship Program to provide you with a paid, hands-on, real-world work experience in bioscience, entrepreneurial development, and affiliated industries that strengthen the thriving bioscience and technology ecosystem. Your participation in this program will not only provide you with valuable skills and experiences but also contribute to the development of an Innovation District that takes root right here on our campus.
The Program offers internships year-round to high school and college students who are eligible to work in the United States. TRTF’s internship program is based on the academic calendar with the following rotating starts:
- Spring / January
- Summer / June
- Fall / September
The next start date is mid-January 2024. Start and end dates will vary based on the academic calendar.
Learn more about our open positions below:
- No openings currently available, check back soon!
Ready to apply? Click here >
TRTF is proud to be located on the eastside of San Antonio. As such, we will make every effort to recruit eastside residents into the program. Employers will make their own hiring decisions based on business needs.
- High school students ages 16+ currently enrolled in school.
- College students in good standing at any San Antonio-area two- and four-year institution.
- STEM majors at any four-year institution who indicate an interest in biosciences and have an interest in working in San Antonio upon graduation.
Internships follow the school calendar with start dates in the Spring (January), Summer (June), and Fall (September).
- The commitment will vary based up the position to which you apply and your employer’s needs. Please see individual job descriptions for details.
- The number of hours per week is up to the employer and may be full- or part-time. We recommend no more than 20 hours during the academic year and up to 40 hours during the summer.
- Extending internships beyond the designated period is at the employer’s discretion in conversation with interns.
Each applicant may apply for multiple positions. All required information on the application must be provided. Incomplete or falsified information on the application will disqualify applicants from consideration.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until positions are filled, therefore please indicate for which term you are applying. All applications must be submitted on the TRTF website.
Applicants are required to submit: 1) a current professional resume or CV, 2) one letter of recommendation, 3) an essay describing your motivation for seeking an internship in the innovation district.
Successful applicants for all internship programs must adhere to the following:
- Complete all work as required by employer.
- Attend and participate in program-specific activities.
- Participate in other professional development activities at TRTF (e.g., attend community events hosted on campus, group trainings, etc.)
- Complete a group project within the timeframe of the internship.
- Present work/findings at the end of your internship.
- Access to Diverse Opportunities – TRTF has an extensive network spanning various industries, including bioscience and technology, trades, non-profit, and administration. This network provides you with access to a wide range of opportunities.
- Expert Guidance – TRTF’s industry connections will ensure that your internship experience is aligned with industry trends and best practices that are relevant to your future career goals.
- Ongoing Support – Throughout your internship, TRTF is committed to providing guidance, support, and opportunities for community building. We conduct orientation sessions at the beginning of each term, helping you understand program expectations and goals. Monthly cohort activities and optional events will enhance your overall experience and help you connect with fellow interns.
- Skill Enhancement – TRTF offers training and workshops that will allow you to develop a
- broader skill set and gain a deeper understanding of the world around you. This preparation equips you to contribute effectively to your employer’s projects and enhances your career prospects.
- Long-term Opportunities – Your internship serves as an extended interview process, allowing you to showcase your skills, work ethic, and cultural fit with potential employers. This could lead to the possibility of permanent, long-term employment in the future, providing you with a pathway to a rewarding career.
- Contributing to the local STEM Ecosystem – By joining our program, you become part of a collective effort to support the growth and sustainability of the local bioscience and technology ecosystem. Your participation contributes to the development of San Antonio’s Innovation District.